Ebook Download Lord, I Feel So Small!, by Jon Drury
When some people considering you while reading Lord, I Feel So Small!, By Jon Drury, you could really feel so happy. However, as opposed to other people feels you have to instil in on your own that you are reading Lord, I Feel So Small!, By Jon Drury not due to that factors. Reading this Lord, I Feel So Small!, By Jon Drury will certainly provide you greater than people appreciate. It will certainly overview of recognize more than the people looking at you. Already, there are many sources to knowing, checking out a publication Lord, I Feel So Small!, By Jon Drury still becomes the front runner as a wonderful means.
Lord, I Feel So Small!, by Jon Drury
Ebook Download Lord, I Feel So Small!, by Jon Drury
Make use of the advanced modern technology that human establishes this day to locate the book Lord, I Feel So Small!, By Jon Drury effortlessly. Yet first, we will ask you, how much do you like to review a book Lord, I Feel So Small!, By Jon Drury Does it constantly till finish? For what does that book review? Well, if you really enjoy reading, attempt to check out the Lord, I Feel So Small!, By Jon Drury as one of your reading compilation. If you only reviewed guide based upon demand at the time as well as incomplete, you need to try to such as reading Lord, I Feel So Small!, By Jon Drury initially.
This book Lord, I Feel So Small!, By Jon Drury deals you far better of life that can create the top quality of the life more vibrant. This Lord, I Feel So Small!, By Jon Drury is just what individuals currently need. You are right here and you may be precise as well as sure to get this publication Lord, I Feel So Small!, By Jon Drury Never ever question to obtain it also this is merely a publication. You could get this book Lord, I Feel So Small!, By Jon Drury as one of your collections. Yet, not the collection to show in your shelfs. This is a valuable publication to be reviewing compilation.
Just how is making certain that this Lord, I Feel So Small!, By Jon Drury will not shown in your shelfs? This is a soft data book Lord, I Feel So Small!, By Jon Drury, so you could download Lord, I Feel So Small!, By Jon Drury by buying to get the soft data. It will alleviate you to read it each time you require. When you feel lazy to relocate the published publication from the home of office to some area, this soft file will relieve you not to do that. Because you can only conserve the data in your computer hardware and gadget. So, it enables you read it almost everywhere you have readiness to check out Lord, I Feel So Small!, By Jon Drury
Well, when else will you locate this prospect to get this book Lord, I Feel So Small!, By Jon Drury soft file? This is your good chance to be right here and also get this great publication Lord, I Feel So Small!, By Jon Drury Never leave this publication prior to downloading this soft data of Lord, I Feel So Small!, By Jon Drury in web link that we give. Lord, I Feel So Small!, By Jon Drury will actually make a lot to be your best friend in your lonesome. It will certainly be the very best companion to boost your operation as well as hobby.
Can I go on? Should I give up? Is there any hope? The world's false yardsticks demean and devastate you. Feelings of insignificance overwhelm you. Daily combat with giants such as fear, rejection, and comparison exhausts you. Lord, I Feel So Small explores twenty battlegrounds of significance to expose the lies that demean,discover the miracle of God's purpose, and equip you for a life of unshakable confidence in God. Lord, I Feel So Small is a book that will speak to anyone who has ever felt . . . unworthy, small and insignificant. Author and pastor, Jon Drury, will lead you out of this wilderness into the bright sunlight of God's amazing purpose and plan for your life . . . Author Karen O'Connor.
- Sales Rank: #5053540 in Books
- Published on: 2010-12-22
- Original language: English
- Number of items: 1
- Dimensions: 9.02" h x .54" w x 5.98" l, .77 pounds
- Binding: Paperback
- 236 pages
Most helpful customer reviews
3 of 3 people found the following review helpful.
Are You Using Man's Yardstick or the Plumb line of the Scriptures?
By Richard R. Blake
In the book "Lord I Feel So Small: Using God's Yardstick to Conquer Self-Doubt" Pastor Jon Drury maintains that by measuring ourselves against man's yardstick we may miss our own greatness or significance by not recognizing the touch of God on our lives.
The pages are filled with contemporary stories from the lives of broken people struggling with the emotions of self pity, unworthiness, fear, and rejection. Other examples come from Biblical accounts of men and women who have faced similar challenges of adversity and challenge. In a natural progression Drury shows how these illustrations often parallel many of the life experiences he grappled with as he emerged from his personal wilderness journey.
The book is made up of twenty chapters divided into six sections. These include concepts including: crafting a foundation of significance, dealing with feelings of despair and fear, and keys from scripture which counteract these negative feelings, replacing them with hope, courage, and healing. Jon talks about hindrances along the way, externals that frustrate signs of progress, and experiences that obstruct true success, friendship and trust. He warns of the danger of determining worth through comparisons.
Each chapter ends with a section titled "Think it Through" made up of questions for reflection, application, or discussion. These questions which clearly relate directly to the material covered within the chapter also encourage personal reflection based on individual backgrounds and experience.
Jon's writing is transparent. He openly discusses his own feelings of anxiety, worry, and rejection as he equips the reader to discover God's purpose and to rebuild a life based on the Scripture. I enjoyed the user friendly format of the book.
I can highly recommend "Lord I Feel So Small: Using God's Yardstick to Conquer Self-Doubt" for anyone wanting to exchange their struggle with self-worth or feelings of insecurity for a life of significance and purpose as they recognize the touch of God on their lives.
2 of 2 people found the following review helpful.
Overcoming fear, rejection, and the feeling of insignificance
By Susy Flory
Remember the TV show Cheers, set in the Boston pub? I loved how whenever one of the regulars came in, everyone warmly and enthusiastically shouted his or her name. "Norm!" I think all of us want to feel known and to feel like someone cares about us. There have been times in my life where I felt invisible, like absolutely no one knew me or cared about me. One of them was when I was struggling with postpartum depression after my son was born. We lived in a big city away from family and friends. I remember taking my son to McDonald's just so we could be around other people. He sat there in his stroller happily eating ice cream while I sat in the booth, alone and very lonely. I looked around and it seemed like all of the other mothers were happily chatting with friends. I could have used Jon Drury's book back then.
Lord, I Feel So Small: Using God's Yardstick to Conquer Self-Doubt is a wonderful new book by Jon Drury about the search for significance. When you struggle with feelings of self-doubt, fear, rejection, and significance, the journey can be a long one. It takes time to battle and quench these feelings, and God's truth, found in the Bible, are a powerful weapon. "Truths such as these have proven life-changing for me," writes Jon. "I find I must immerse myself, swim in and breathe them continually to combat the world of lies within and outside of me."
If you immerse yourself in Jon's book, you will find answers to lies such as these:
- "You're worthless. You have no value as a person."
- "You're insignificant. You're just one in six billion, of no importance to anyone."
- "You're unworthy. You have failed and are unworthy of forgiveness."
These lies need to be identified, rooted out, and aired in the light of what God says about us: we are unique, made in His image, and infinitely precious. There is hope available and there is forgiveness promised as we come to see ourselves as God sees us, transforming our grief into joy.
Jon's style is conversational, warm, and friendly, like sitting down to coffee with a caring friend. His chapters are full of stories of people he's known who have struggled with insignificance, but the most powerful stories draw from his own experiences. Although Jon has been a Navy fighter pilot, a Dallas Theological Seminary Student, and a much-loved pastor, he has struggled with insecurities, fear, and insignificance for most of his life. Lord I Feel So Small is his way of sharing what he's learned along the way as he allowed God to lead him out of the agonies of these crippling emotional issues and into the joy and victory of embracing God's plan and purpose for his life.
Lord I Feel So Small would make a great Bible study or small group study, with a list of discussion questions at the end of each chapter. Jon's book is powerful, personal, relational, and theologically sound as he unpacks powerful life principles for dealing with twenty emotional issues related to the longing for personal significance. You don't have to feel small; could it be that you are using something other than God's yardstick to determine your worth?
By Susy Flory, author of So Long, Status Quo: What I Learned from Women Who Changed the World
2 of 2 people found the following review helpful.
Thoughts on a book: Lord I Feel So Small
By julia lynn
Jon Drury is a man who speaks from a brutally honest heart. But I mean that in a good way.
The author's struggle with the feeling of never measuring up, of never being quite as useful/smart/talented as the other guy, strikes a familiar chord in me. How any of us ends up in that rut doesn't matter--the point is, we can climb up out of the mud. And Jon's the man to show us how, because he's been-there-done-that, and he's on a mission to show us the way out.
Visually the book is a pleasant read, broken up into achievable chunks within each chapter. Call it my short attention span, or my inability to remain awake when faced with solid lines of prose, but this is important to me. But even more importantly, the text is conversational and approachable, like you're just sitting down and having a really good chat with the guy.
One way he makes the truth of what he says more accessable is by using stories from his own life and from others. I love when authors include stories of other people, because let's be real, folks, some of those stories make me happy to be me. But more to the point, Jon sees his own life story with clarity and honesty, then uses it to illustrate how to pull ourselves out of the muddy mess of our own flawed thinking.
If the many years I've spent with members of the Mental Health profession have taught me nothing else they have taught me this: our human thinking can be very, very flawed. How can we learn to challenge our thoughts? One way is by reading books like this one. Take a look at the sections and chapters to get an idea of the steps he leads you through in this re-look, re-think journey out of the muddy rut of self-doubt.
Section 1-- Crafting the Foundation
Chapter 1: "Lord I Feel So Small!"
Chapter 2: Foundations for Significance
Chapter 3: Yardsticks of True Worth
Section 2-- Feelings That Immobilize Us
Chapter 4: Transforming Despair Into Hope
Chapter 5: Morphing Fear into Courage
Chapter 6: Birthing Healing Out of Grief
Chapter 7: Discerning the Voice of Our Enemy
or Section 5-- Experiences That Hamper Us (this section especially hit home for me)
Chapter 16: Converting Failure to True Success
Chapter 17: Turning Humiliation into Heroism
Chapter 18: Moving From Isolation to Friendship
Chapter 19: Conquering Worry with Trust
And this is only a sampling of the 20 chapters.
I was pleasantly surprised by the "Think It Through" questions at the end of each chapter. "Jesus!" is not the answer--at least to each of these questions. No, folks, sorry to say, if you make use of these you will actually have to Think It Through. I found them much more useful than the easy answer type questions you often find in study books, and more likely to actually provoke thought. And thinking is our friend.
The more you give this book in time and thought, the more you will gain. But even if you can only give it a quick read, there's much to be gleaned. I, however, was unable to give it a quick read, wanting to learn enough to put my hip-waders away for good and step into summer sandles. I'm a flip-flops kind of girl, and flip-flops don't fair well down in the rut.
Lord, I Feel So Small!, by Jon Drury PDF
Lord, I Feel So Small!, by Jon Drury EPub
Lord, I Feel So Small!, by Jon Drury Doc
Lord, I Feel So Small!, by Jon Drury iBooks
Lord, I Feel So Small!, by Jon Drury rtf
Lord, I Feel So Small!, by Jon Drury Mobipocket
Lord, I Feel So Small!, by Jon Drury Kindle
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar