Download Ebook On Wooden Wheels:the Memoir of Carla Nathans Schipper: the Memoir of Carla Nathans Schipper, by Stacey Goldring
Reviewing publication On Wooden Wheels:the Memoir Of Carla Nathans Schipper: The Memoir Of Carla Nathans Schipper, By Stacey Goldring, nowadays, will not require you to constantly acquire in the store off-line. There is a terrific location to acquire the book On Wooden Wheels:the Memoir Of Carla Nathans Schipper: The Memoir Of Carla Nathans Schipper, By Stacey Goldring by on-line. This web site is the very best website with lots numbers of book collections. As this On Wooden Wheels:the Memoir Of Carla Nathans Schipper: The Memoir Of Carla Nathans Schipper, By Stacey Goldring will be in this publication, all publications that you need will correct here, as well. Merely hunt for the name or title of guide On Wooden Wheels:the Memoir Of Carla Nathans Schipper: The Memoir Of Carla Nathans Schipper, By Stacey Goldring You could discover what exactly you are hunting for.
On Wooden Wheels:the Memoir of Carla Nathans Schipper: the Memoir of Carla Nathans Schipper, by Stacey Goldring
Download Ebook On Wooden Wheels:the Memoir of Carla Nathans Schipper: the Memoir of Carla Nathans Schipper, by Stacey Goldring
Some people may be chuckling when taking a look at you reading On Wooden Wheels:the Memoir Of Carla Nathans Schipper: The Memoir Of Carla Nathans Schipper, By Stacey Goldring in your downtime. Some may be appreciated of you. And some could want be like you that have reading pastime. Exactly what about your very own feeling? Have you felt right? Reading On Wooden Wheels:the Memoir Of Carla Nathans Schipper: The Memoir Of Carla Nathans Schipper, By Stacey Goldring is a demand and also a leisure activity simultaneously. This problem is the on that particular will certainly make you feel that you must check out. If you understand are trying to find the book qualified On Wooden Wheels:the Memoir Of Carla Nathans Schipper: The Memoir Of Carla Nathans Schipper, By Stacey Goldring as the option of reading, you can find right here.
However below, we will reveal you extraordinary point to be able always review guide On Wooden Wheels:the Memoir Of Carla Nathans Schipper: The Memoir Of Carla Nathans Schipper, By Stacey Goldring any place and also whenever you happen and also time. Guide On Wooden Wheels:the Memoir Of Carla Nathans Schipper: The Memoir Of Carla Nathans Schipper, By Stacey Goldring by only can help you to realize having guide to check out each time. It will not obligate you to always bring the thick book wherever you go. You can just keep them on the gadget or on soft file in your computer system to always check out the enclosure at that time.
Yeah, hanging out to read guide On Wooden Wheels:the Memoir Of Carla Nathans Schipper: The Memoir Of Carla Nathans Schipper, By Stacey Goldring by online can also offer you good session. It will certainly alleviate to communicate in whatever problem. In this manner could be a lot more fascinating to do as well as much easier to review. Now, to obtain this On Wooden Wheels:the Memoir Of Carla Nathans Schipper: The Memoir Of Carla Nathans Schipper, By Stacey Goldring, you can download in the web link that we give. It will help you to obtain easy way to download and install the book On Wooden Wheels:the Memoir Of Carla Nathans Schipper: The Memoir Of Carla Nathans Schipper, By Stacey Goldring.
The books On Wooden Wheels:the Memoir Of Carla Nathans Schipper: The Memoir Of Carla Nathans Schipper, By Stacey Goldring, from simple to difficult one will be a really helpful jobs that you could require to transform your life. It will not provide you adverse declaration unless you do not obtain the definition. This is definitely to do in reading an e-book to get over the meaning. Frequently, this book entitled On Wooden Wheels:the Memoir Of Carla Nathans Schipper: The Memoir Of Carla Nathans Schipper, By Stacey Goldring is read since you really like this sort of e-book. So, you can get less complicated to recognize the impression and definition. Again to consistently keep in mind is by reviewing this publication On Wooden Wheels:the Memoir Of Carla Nathans Schipper: The Memoir Of Carla Nathans Schipper, By Stacey Goldring, you can fulfil hat your inquisitiveness start by completing this reading book.
On Wooden Wheels tells the true story of Carla Nathans Schipper, a Dutch woman who survived the Holocaust by concealing herself and her children. After the war, Carla confronted the emotional aftermath for herself and her daughters, remarried, left Europe for America-and again escaped concealment by refusing to hide her son, born with Down syndrome in a period when such children were condemned to live in the shadows. On Wooden Wheels moves with force and determination throughout Carla's remarkable life.
- Sales Rank: #2775356 in Books
- Brand: Brand: Xlibris
- Published on: 2006-02-28
- Original language: English
- Number of items: 1
- Dimensions: 8.50" h x .63" w x 5.50" l,
- Binding: Paperback
- 252 pages
- Used Book in Good Condition
About the Author
Stacey Goldring is a writer living in Jacksonville, Florida. This is her first book.
Most helpful customer reviews
1 of 1 people found the following review helpful.
"ON WOODEN WHEELS", WAS THE TRUE STORY OF CARLA SCHIPPER'S LIFE DURING WORLD WAR II, On Up To The Present Time!
By Leslie H. Carmel
I Know Carla Schipper Personally. I Met Her At The Senior Home, Where She Was Living. The Home Is Called River Garden Hebrew Home. I Do Volunteer Work There Twice A Week, For About 8 Hours Each Visit. I Really Love It There!
Anyway, Carla And I Hit It Off Right Away. And She Told Me About A Book That Was Written About Her Life In Holland, Where She Grew Up. It Is Called "ON WOODEN WHEELS", By STACEY GOLDRING. She Told Me It Was In The Library At River Garden Hebrew Home, And For Me To Go There, Check It Out, Read It, And When I Was Finished Reading It, To Discuss It With Her. And So I Did Just That. We Talked A Little Bit About Her Book Each Time I Came To See Her On My Volunteer Days. She Was A Remarkable, And A Very Pious (Religious) Woman.
How She Stayed Religious, After What She Went Through, I Don't Know, Except That She Was A Very Strong Woman.
She Grew Up In Holland Where She Met Her First Husband, I Can't Recall His Name Right Off Though. He Was A Rabbi. In The Three Years They Were Together, They Had Two Children, Hannah And Y'ditzia. I'm Not Sure I Have The Second Daughter's Name Spelled Correctly.
Anyway, This Was During 'World War II'. During That Time In History, People Of The Jewish Faith, If They Weren't Captured By The Nazis, Were Forced To Go Into Hiding. So Carla And Her First Husband Went Into Hiding With Their Two Daughters, Hannah 2 Years Old, And Y'ditzia 6 Months Old. They Stayed With Some Christian Neighbors That Lived Not Far From Where They Lived. Just A House Or Two Over Across The Street Where They Lived. Carla's Husband Had A Synagogue Connected To The Home In Which They Lived, But Had A Separate Entrance!
Anyway One Day After They Had Been Staying At Their Neighbor's Home A Few Days; Carla's Husband Told Her He Was Going To Go Across The Street To Check On The Synagogue. He Was On His Way Back From The Synagogue, When Some Nazi Soldiers Spotted Him, And Killed Him On The Spot. Carla Witnessed The Death Of Her First Husband From Her Neighbors Window. She Said It Was So Horrible, She Just Couldn't Believe It!
She Then Knew That She'd Have To Find Another Place To Hide, And Found A Safe Home, For Her Oldest Daughter Hannah To Stay In; While She And Her Youngest Daughter Y'ditzia Went To Another Place To Hide.
The Family In Which She And Her Daughter Y'ditzia Stayed, Told Her For Her Safety, As Well As Theirs', That Y'ditzia Should Stay Down With Them, And She Was To Stay Up In The Attic. So Did As She Was Told, And Stayed There, If I Remember Several Months, And Then The Couple That Took Her In, Told Her That It Was Getting Too Dangerous For Her To Stay There Any Longer, And That She'd Have To Find Another Hiding Place. They Also Told Her, That For Her Safety As Well As Y'ditzia's, She Should Leave The Child With Them Until The War Was Over. And So That What She Reluctantly Did.
After The War, Carla Went Back To The Family That Was Keeping Her Youngest Daughter Y'ditzia Safe, And Told Them She Was There To Pick Her Daughter Up, And Was Most Grateful To Both Of Them For Keeping Her Daughter Safe.
Anyway The Couple Didn't Want To Give Carla Back Her Child, And She Had To Get Legal Help From A Jewish Service. But She Finally Got Y'ditzia Back. The Older Daughter, Hannah Stayed With The Family That Kept Her Safe, I Don't Remember How Much Longer, But She Also Came Back To Carla.
After World War II, Carla And Some Old Friends Of Hers That Survived, Found A New Place To Live. If I Remember, It Was A Two Story House That Was Set Up Like Apartments, One Downstairs, And The Other Downstairs.
Not Long After They Found The House, She Met Two Brothers; I Only Recall One Of Their Names, I Believe It Was The Younger Brother. His Name Was Bernard (Bernie), For Short! They Asked Carla If They Could Stay With Them In The Upstairs Apartment. And Carla Asked! Can Either Of You Cook? And Bernie Said He Could Cook! So Carla Said, OK You Both Can Stay. She And Bernie Fell In Love, And Eventually Moved To America, Where They Settled Down, I Believe In New York City.
She And Bernie Had Two Children Together. Ruthie Who Was Born In 1947, And Jonathan Born In 1957.
Carla And Bernie Eventually Moved To Miami, Florida; Where They Stayed Until The Coves, Which Were New Apartments Being Built In Jacksonville, Florida. They Heard About The Coves From, I Believe Friends Of Theirs, That Had Move To Jacksonville. Anyway, She And Bernie Moved To The Coves Almost 27 Years Ago. Which I Believe Was In 1986.
When Bernie Was Still Alive, He And Carla Met Stacey Goldring, Who Interviewed Them, And Wrote Their Biography, In Which Became The Book Called, "ON WOODEN WHEELS".
Stacey Also Interviewed Their Son Jonathan, And Their Three Daughters - Hannah, Y'ditzia , And Ruthie, To Get Their Parts In The Biography.
When Bernie Died, If I'm Not Mistaken, Was In 2011; I Had Been On Vacation, Visiting My Mom In South Florida. When I Came Back To River Garden Hebrew Home, For My Volunteer Work, Carla Had Just Moved There From The Coves. Her Husband Bernie Had Already Died, So I Never Got To Meet Him.
I Did However Get To Meet Carla's Three Daughters, Hannah, Y'ditzia, And Ruthie, But Not Their Son Jonathan. Hannah Ruthie And Jonathan, All Live In New York City, And Y'ditzia Lives With Her Family In Israel.
I'm Very Sad To Say, But Carla Passed Away, A Little Over A Month Ago, (October 2013). She Had Just Turned 96, This Past August.
I And Another Volunteer Named Cheryl Were With Carla When She Passed Away. We Were At River Garden Hebrew Home Doing Our Volunteer Things. I Had Just Finished Lunch That Day, And I Wanted To Go Visit Carla. When I Got To Her Room; I Say That Cheryl Was In There With Her. So I Started To Leave, To Give Her Some Privacy With Carla. But She, Said Please Don't Go. Come Sit With Carla And Me. So I Said OK, And I Came Into Carla's Room And We Sat With Her Together. A Few Minutes Later One Of The ladies, Who Works For River Garden Hebrew Home, Came By And Told Both Of Us, To Put Our Chairs On Each Side Of The Bed, And Hold Carla's Hands; Cheryl Holding Carla's Left Hand, And I Holding Her Right Hand, And Then We Were To Talk To Carla, Even Though She Was Asleep, Carla Would Be Able To Hear Us. So We Did What The Woman Told Us To Do, And She Left Cheryl And I Alone With Carla, Once Again.
Cheryl And I Talked To Carla For Some Time. Then Cheryl Asked Carla To Wake Up For A Little While, And Visit With Us. At First There Was No Response. But Then A Little While Later, Carla Opened Her Eyes And Looked At Both Cheryl And Me. And We Said, Something Like - We Are Glad You Heard Us. How Are You Feeling? Carla Then Looked Up At The Ceiling, And Then Took Four Deep Breaths, And That Was It. She Had Passed Away Right In Front Of Us. Neither Of Us Had Seen A Person Die Before. Cheryl And I Were Both In Shock, We Couldn't Believe She Was Gone. We Both Felt For A Pulse In Her Wrists, And Then Cheryl Ask Me To Put My Hand On Her Chest To See If She Was Just Breathing Very Shallowly. But When Her Chest Didn't Rise, I Went And Got A Nurse To Take A Look At Her. And The Nurse Confirmed Cheryl's And My Worst Nightmare, That Carla Was Really Gone, That She Had Passed Away Right In Front Of Us.
Getting Back To Carla's Book "ON WOODEN WHEELS". Stacey Goldring Did A Wonderful Job On Carla's Biography.
It Was A Well Written, Sad, But A Very Factual Story Of Carla Schipper's Life. I Recommend It VERY HIGHLY!
1 of 1 people found the following review helpful.
Remarkable Woman
By Amazon Customer
A moving story of a remarkable woman I had the privilege to know. Her fierce dedication to getting help for her son with Down's Syndrome was so far ahead of its time.
1 of 1 people found the following review helpful.
Great book!!
By agnud
Excellent book!! This writer seams to really capture the essence of Carla. riveting
On Wooden Wheels:the Memoir of Carla Nathans Schipper: the Memoir of Carla Nathans Schipper, by Stacey Goldring PDF
On Wooden Wheels:the Memoir of Carla Nathans Schipper: the Memoir of Carla Nathans Schipper, by Stacey Goldring EPub
On Wooden Wheels:the Memoir of Carla Nathans Schipper: the Memoir of Carla Nathans Schipper, by Stacey Goldring Doc
On Wooden Wheels:the Memoir of Carla Nathans Schipper: the Memoir of Carla Nathans Schipper, by Stacey Goldring iBooks
On Wooden Wheels:the Memoir of Carla Nathans Schipper: the Memoir of Carla Nathans Schipper, by Stacey Goldring rtf
On Wooden Wheels:the Memoir of Carla Nathans Schipper: the Memoir of Carla Nathans Schipper, by Stacey Goldring Mobipocket
On Wooden Wheels:the Memoir of Carla Nathans Schipper: the Memoir of Carla Nathans Schipper, by Stacey Goldring Kindle
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar